Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Opening this lock

The famous anthropologist Jane Goodall once said:

"If you really want something and really work hard and take advantage of opportunities and never give up, you will find a way."

This quote has always inspired me. I have it written here on the front of my computer and when I sit down at my desk to write new scripts for upcoming performances, I cannot help but to view that quote. On days when I am feeling discouraged or I am stuck creatively, I always try to remember that hard work and determination will always win out.

Someone with passion and determination will always trump someone with in-born talent.

Escape Artistry presents daily challenges. I sit here at my desk, a legal pad in front of me. I am attempting to find my way out of a lock that I have been challenged with. I may use this in my next performance--if I can find a way to pick it. So far, I have been unsuccessful--and the show is next week. I am out of ideas--but am hoping something will come to me . . .

No comments: