Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Are you f%#^ing crazy?!

Hi All:

I have just signed a contract with a major cell phone company to perform a promotion in Portland, Oregon on December 11, 2006. The deal is: I will be restrained into a regulation straitjacket by officers of the Portland Police Department. Then, twenty feet of chain will be wrapped around my body over the jacket to prevent my escape. An on-site crane will secure my ankles to a block and tackle and I will then be raised upside down feet, 250 feet over the city of Portland--The plan is, I hope to escape :-)

Now, I have been doing these upside downs for many years and they never really faze me--since I am not afraid of heights--But, I have to tell you--when I was finalizing the plans on the phone with the crane operator--the subject of height never came up. Finally, I said "by the way, how high will I be raised" Without missing a beat he says "Oh--250 feet." I didn't think much of it until several hours later when I was walking down 42nd street in NYC near the Chrysler Building. Then, it hit me. 250 feet! That's 24 stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways--I have tried to put it out of my head for now--a really great flyer was created which you can view and download if you go to myspace site:
www.myspace.com/escapemaster

The flyer has generated the same responses from people who have seen it:--they all say "250 feet! Are you %&$*&$^ crazy?!

If you happen to be in the Portland area near Pioneer Square on December 11 around noontime--check it out.

Peace

No comments: