Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Halloween

All:

I just received a very interesting email from a very nice person who goes by the name of "YP". Based in Southern California he says he is a 'new fan.' So, YP--if you are reading this: thank you--and I hope you don't mind that I will post some of your message here--its very flattering when others recognize and appreciate your work. Being an artist is a thankless job--and my state of normalcy is that, I am either ecstatic or deeply depressed--I am rarely in the middle.

I don't yet know where I am today--but the following email might push me toward the former.

Here is some of the contents, paraphrasing as usual:

From: YP wutidoo@yahoo.com
Hi, I just read through much of your website. I was truly impressed by the stories of your real escapes. My perception of most of the escape artists i have seen or read about is that the escapes were tricked or otherwise somewhat gimmicked. I've always been fascinated by the concept of escape artists challenges. I've read enough about escapes to know the trricks that one uses to obtain slack and other advantages. But when i read about some of your hardest challenges, i realized that you can succeed even when your challengers have done their homework. That all-leather straitjacket escape in NY sounded truly heroic. The tension in the room must have been like that in Houdini's day. Do you have any more pics of this? Do you have any public shows coming up in the So Cal area?
A new fan
YP

No comments: