Thursday, February 01, 2007

Coney Island, Fort Lauderdale, London

Its been awhile hasn't it?
January has been a pretty busy month for me, with numerous shows every week. Some were magic, most escape artistry. Thankfully, they were pretty much local (tri-state area). For those unfamiliar with that term, it means New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Shows performed in the past four weeks have left me with a dozen new handcuffs to add to my ever-growing collection. I was able to escape an antique shackle that held my wrists close together and was padlocked on top. Don't know how old it is and the owner was unsure as well. Also was able to escape and keep a set of bilboes and an interesting Belgian Handcuff made by FN Herstal that is secured with a magnet!

I am putting the finishing touches on a new lobby exhibit that will display some of the more unusual handcuffs that I have escaped from over the course of 25 years. It is very cool and I think those attending my shows will find it interesting.

While many of you may be watching the Super Bowl this Sunday, I will be performing in Fair Lawn , New Jersey. This show will be strictly magic (no escapes) and will feature some of my original presentations in sleight-of-hand and platform magic.

I am considering two outdoor publicity events for this year. For years, I have wanted to perform an event at Coney Island and many times I came close to doing it. This year, I would really like to nail something down there. Coney Island is such an iconic piece of America--its like performing at the Empire State building. I have some ideas I am working on there and do not want to betray anything yet. I will post it here first when details become availible.

I have several television projects in the works (some closer to development than others) and I may be heading to Las Vegas in the next few months. In the middle of March, I will be perfroming my escape show in Fort Lauderdale for one night only. London, England is also a possibility this April if a new BBC show pitched to me gets the green-light. Weather is finally back to normal in New York City (temperatures where they should be at this time of the year). the tourists have left town, the subways are less crowded and generally everything is allright with the world.

To the many who email me with ideas and advice, thank you. I apologize for not being as prompt in getting back to you. Managing this blog on a daily basis has been challenging. Please be patient. I will personally answer all those who take the time to write.

World events have made me more introspective and the recent troubles in the Middle East have reminded me of an interesting quote I once read. I will end with that.

Best to all--T

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens
can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Margaret Mead

No comments: